Old Mission Cemetery
Dating back to 1877 and finding its origins from the grounds of the Mission San Luis Obispo, Old Mission Cemetery occupies 9.2 acres two miles south of Mission San Luis Obispo. A new bridge and road (built in 1999) offers access from Bridge Street to the 2 acres of newly developed land intended for future ground burials. The non-perpetual care center section has recently been renovated with new gravel offering a clean complement to the surrounding lawn areas..
Services and Features
The cemetery serves Old Mission Parish as well as Nativity of Our Lady and the neighboring parishes of St. William’s (Atascadero), St. Rose of Lima (Paso Robles), St. Patrick’s (Arroyo Grande), St. Joseph’s (Nipomo), and St. Timothy’s (Morro Bay).