Holy Cross Cemetery

History

The current Holy Cross Cemetery was established in 1943 to supplement the depleted space of the original Old Holy Cross cemetery (established 1853) which is located around the block. The cemetery began and continues to be a flush monument only (no upright headstones), but added mausoleum complexes starting in the 1950’s. The newest addition, completed in 2004, St. Matthew and Mark features a lovely fountain in the center of the complex.

Services and Features

The cemetery serves the Holy Cross Parish community, as well as the parishes of St. Joseph’s, Resurrection, Star of The Sea, and nearby parishes in Corralitos, Watsonville, Felton, and Scott’s Valley.